Forum rules - please read before posting.

2D demo problem

Hello, sorry for my french.
I don't have Unity yet and I downloaded the 2D Demo a few days ago and
it seems fine, but now there is a problem

1) When the demo start the cursor doesn't appear.
I press escape (the cursor appears on the option menu) and load the autosave;
Now I can control the caracters but afer certain action like observe an object, I lose the control again (the cursor and menu icon dissapear).
I've re-downloaded it but nothing change.

2) After deleting the files and re-downloaded them, the demo remember the last screen resolution
where does it keep my resolution config file?

ps: The 11.2 chapter bookmark is missing from the Manual.

Thanks

Comments

• Did you download it from this page?  Which platform are you downloading it for?

I suspect Unity stores it's screen resolution setting data in it's Player Prefs file, which is kept in different places on different platforms.  This page should tell you where you can find yours.

Thanks for the point about the missing bookmark.
  • Yes I dowloaded it from your page and it's the Windows Version (I have Win8)

Here the steps I've followed to make the demo run fine again

I went to the Player Prefs files
    \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ICEBOX Studios\Adventure Creator
    and there was this suspicious file : Options_h958915349
    complete data :
    AAEAAAD/////AQAAAAAAAAAMAgAAAA9Bc3NlbWJseS1DU2hhcnAFAQAAAAtPcHRpb25zRGF0YQYA
    AAAIbGFuZ3VhZ2UNc2hvd1N1YnRpdGxlcwlzZnhWb2x1bWULbXVzaWNWb2x1bWUMc3BlZWNoVm9s
    dW1lD2xpbmtlZFZhcmlhYmxlcwAAAAAAAQgBCwsLAgAAAAEAAAAAi+MoP4/ClT76/
    +8+BgMAAAAACwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==

-I deleted it and then the demo run fine like the first time
     (when it was buggy the characters appears on the scene but stop before     
     saying his first line)

-I then deleted all the player prefs files. Run the demo again.
     Logically Unity recreated all the player prefs files but nobody ever heard 
     of Options_h958915349 again.

But why this file appeared? Maybe it's a regular Unity bug

• Options is created by AC to store the values of your chosen sound volumes, language, etc - but I can't see how this would lock up your game, and certainly I haven't heard of this happening before.

If this occurs again, have a look in the Console window to see if it's reporting anything, and please let me know - it's important to fix anything related to this.