Forum rules - please read before posting.

Added Hotspot, but it shows up on cursor right away

Hi, I added a hotspot, it is a small cube, but for some reason when I start the game the mouse shows the hotspot like I am hovering over it, but I am not. What have I done wrong ? Everywhere I look it is attached to the mouse. Thanks.

Comments

• Now I am getting MainCamera has no MainCamera component, I cant seem to get a simple hotspot working...
  • Do you have anything else tagged as MainCamera in your scene?  Only the MainCamera prefab in your scene should be tagged as that.

What is your Input method set to, and have you set your Hotspot detection method (in the Settings Manager) to Player Vicinity?  That might account for the non-hover highlighting.
  • I did have my UFPS camera tagged as maincamera also (cant recall why), removing it doesnt help though. Input method is  mouse and keyboard, it is very weird, cannot get a hotspot to work at all, works well in my main scene, I am trying in a new scene but not happening. Really quite infuriating, spent an entire night trying to get a guy to speak, when in my main level I have tons of guys who speak. Any further thoughts?
  • Interestingly it does work in my main scene just laid a hotspot, but one thing I noticed is in my main scene when I make a hotspot, it appears in the right folder structure in hierarchy, but in main scene it appears simply at the top. I actually copied all of the AC stuff from my main scene, Im thinking now I should have started from scratch. Will try it.
  • OK problem solved, its not hard to start again using your awesome organise room objects button. Once I started again and didnt use copy and pasted version it worked :-) thanks!!..