Forum rules - please read before posting.

Losing reference to active hotspot, using Input method: Mouse and Keyboard

Hello,

I'm encountering a bug in adventure creator. If 'Mouse and Keyboard' is selected as the settings input method, we get proper rollover/rollout events, which is good cause we need those.

However,
when I click on an NPC, the active hotspot is set to that character and the InteractionUI buttons come up, which is good. But, as soon as I roll out of the character, The "activeHostpost" becomes null (so the character's name label dissappears), but the InteractionUI buttons remain visible. If I try to click on those buttons when the activehotspot is null, the action won't be triggered. Only if I happen to click the buttons while the activehotspot is still set to the NPC, then the actions will trigger. (Success to the condition ClickInteractionIcon.. else if(GetActiveHotspot()), the last function of PlayerInteraction.cs)

I've made a video to better explain this situation:
Link:

you can see in the console traces how the active hotspot changes to null whenever i roll out. The button actions work If i click on the buttons while activehostpot is set to the NPC, but if the activehotspot is null, the buttons wont trigger the actions.

What do you think would be a solution to this problem?

Thank you.

Comments

• It's not the input method that would affect this issue, but rather a combination of all the settings under your list of "Interaction settings".  I'd need to see a screenshot of all of them to be able to help.

However, this sounds very much like a bug I've already fixed which is scheduled to be included in v1.46, so this might well be solved for you when the update is released.
  • edited June 2015
    @ChrisIceBox

My apologies for the late response. Here are the screenshots.

• I'm getting an access denied error on them.