Forum rules - please read before posting.

evil lair tutorial useless in unity 5 update

the adventure creature 3d tutorial is no good with the unity 5 update. I cant get past the navmesh tutorial as the setout is totally different from the video tutorial and the evil lair navmesh wont drag into the collider no matter how many times and ways ive tried to do it.

Comments

• Which update do you mean?  Unity 5 in general, or the latest 5.0.2?

If you're following the 3D tutorial (the latest one, not the one from a year ago), I take it you've downloaded the Unity 5-ready assets here (there's a Unity 4 version instead that you should ignore)?

To drag the collider into the mesh field, make sure you've expanded the FBX asset file in the Project window to reveal the mesh object inside it.
  • the unity version is 5.0.2f1 personal. when you load in the evil lair scene you are on the opposite side of the scene than the video. i.e you are looking from the chair side. the lay out of the folders are different from the video as well. but apologies I noticed an arrow at the side of the navmesh picture and when I clicked on it the other navmesh appeared and I was able to drag it into the collide and filter positions. so now on with the tutorial. Im really looking forward to learning this program and writing an adventure game :).
  • Glad it's working now, but what do you mean by the layout of the folders being different?  A screenshot would help a lot.
  • here is the layout on unity 5

• have tried adding screen shot but no luck :-/
  • Sorry for the trouble.  You can't upload screenshots here - you'll have to upload them somewhere else and link to them here.  Imgur.com is a good host site.
  • thank you I will try that. by the way I will also put another screen shot on as well as there is a cs0618 warning with unity on the adventure creator access file. it also states use titlecontent instead?
  • edited June 2015
    here is the link " http://galahad1957.imgur.com/all/ "
  • The images aren't publicly available - you shouldn't need to log in to upload them, but if you do, you'll have to make them public.

The titlecontent message is likely related to the latest version of Unity - are you working with 5.1?  It won't be a problem for a long time while other assets have to catch up as well.