Forum rules - please read before posting.

Best Settings

What would be the best setting for thirdPerson shooter with adventure creator.I see point + click
drag ufps,firstPerson,?Which 1 would be best with this intergration.Already have the third person shooter +adventure Creator+ Behavior Designer And all of the Intergration? Please help basically doing 3d third person perpeective.Thanks Ward. 

Comments

• It really depends on how much of AC you want to use.  AC isn't built for third person shooters, so things like the Game Camera ThirdPerson wouldn't be best suited - better to integrate your own camera instead, which could be done simply by attaching AC's "_Camera" component to a custom camera so that AC can see it in your various camera actions.

You can use the Engine: Manage systems Action to selectively disable / enable AC's individual systems like movement etc.  Since you're making a third-person shooter, you're probably going to want to use a dedicated asset for the control, and use AC for the interactions instead.  One option would be to toggle between "interaction" mode and "shooting" mode, but again - the exact workflow really depends on how you want the two to blend together.
  • i dont see the setting for third person in manager settings  i also have ufps its in there drag method,
    Point + Click you know when you are assignng new managers?
  • Third Person isn't a movement method, it's just a camera type - because you can use it with e.g. Point and Click movement, Direct etc.  So long as your game is in 3D, you'll see a "Game Camera Third Person" button in the list of camera prefabs in the Scene Manager.