Forum rules - please read before posting.

Best way to walk between scenes (2D/touch screen)

Sorry for asking what is probably a very easy question, but I'm stuggling with an easy, good way for the player to move between scenes. This is a 2D project for touch screens.

I want the character to walk up to a doorway when the doorway is (single-)tapped and enter another scene. I've tried using a Trigger 2D, but this makes it difficult for the character to stand right outside the doorway if the player just exited this door.

If I use a Hotspot 2D I must choose between an use or examine action. Can a hotspot be activated by a single tap? The interaction method is set to Context Sensitive.

Comments

• When it comes to Touch Screen input, double-tapping Hotspots is enabled by default, so that the user can first determine what's interactive before committing to it.  However, you can disable it easily in the Settings Manager - just uncheck Double-tap Hotspots? underneath "Touch Screen settings".
  • Ah, I missed that setting. It would be nice to be able to customize if you want one or two-finger taps on either the use or look actions, but for now I'll just use use actions on doorways - seems to work fine on iPad :)