Forum rules - please read before posting.

Button click to open/close inventory

I know this has been asked before but mine is not working. When i click on a button to open inventory it does open but when i click on the same button it will not close the inventory. I have tried everything. when i click on the button it runs an actionlist. In the actionlist i have a menu check state to check if inventory is or not open. Then on the if condition is met: I have a menu change state to turn off the inventory. Then in the if condition is not met: turn on the inventory menu. Its that state that is working but it seems like it isnt checking the off state.I have tried lock and unlock menu but that doesn't work at all. The inventory won't come up with lock and unlock menu actions. Its hard to explain so here is a screenshot of the actions.

Comments

• What is the InventoryPurse's "Appear type" set to?  If it's "Manual", you can call Turn On / Turn Off.  If it's "During Gameplay", you'll have to call "Lock" and "Unlock" and make sure "Enabled when game starts" is checked in the menu's properties.

Your actions look correct, however.  Try removing the "Turn off" Action and re-building it - you never know.  Also try doing it without a fade - not that that'll be a fix, but if there's a bug it will help to locate it.
  • edited June 2015
    The lock and unlock wasn't working because i did have it set to manual but i changed all again and it still won't go off. I need the inventory not come up until i click on the purse. But when i want to close the inventory by clicking on the purse again the inventory won't close it will just stay open. Would it be better using a toggle button instead. Because i did try that but i am very limited in stripting and there was no run action in the menu toggle button.

I just worked it out. The actions were right but that blue ring and don't is blocking my clicking. I used the panel for that image. So how would i be able to still use that image. The inventory menu seems to always on top of the button, which is why i can't click the purse button again. So how would i make it be under the button when i click to spawn the inventory. I tried changing the z translation but still have not work. Otherwise my only option will to have no bow and just have the inventory words because that does work that way.
  • Sorry to bother you but i worked it out. All i did is unchecked Block Raycasts on the canvas group.