Forum rules - please read before posting.

Adventure Creator integration with this...?

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/27438

This asset promises integration with AC, but is it a viable solution from AC's end?  It would be nice to have since I can make my adventure more combat friendly.  I knew about Playmaker and UFPS support but not this.  Chris any ideas?  They seem to market your plug-in on their site as well...

I'm afraid to spend $50 just to try something and not have it work the way I want.  Ideally I would like to have AC and my combat mechanics running in parallel

Comments

• Third Person Controller dev here -

The Adventure Creator integration is basically a Third Person Controller version of this guide that Chris made. Currently no custom actions have been created, but I am definitely open to adding any that would make the integration more useful.

Justin
  • Ok.  Well I bought it.  I looked at the guide and since I'm not a programmer (just started learning C# ) I may need help setting up because it looks complicated for my level of knowledge.  I will go through the documentation first and will let you know.
  • You shouldn't have a problem - after you create your character through the Third Person Controller Character Builder you'll only need to assign the AdventureCreatorControllerBridge and the Adventure Creator Player components. From there it'll automatically switch between the Third Person Controller and Adventure Creator. Adventure Creator will take control if you start running a cutscene, for example.
  • Ok,  you make it sound simple enough.  Hopefully this time I can actually do some solid work and not have to worry about patching up plug ins together anymore.  Once I get this system to work tightly with AC, and soon after I add BD to my collection I'm done with the asset store lol.  
  • Hi sorry for butting in but this asset does look good but the integration isn't as easy as opsive said if you are not a programmer. In that third person guide he was mentioning it is scripting just for that motion controller. And yes this asset is amazing but they really need to make a tutorial on how to integrate this with adventure creator.
  • edited June 2015
    @wendymorrison -

Have you tried the integration? All of the scripting is taken care of for you. The link to that Motion Controller topic was just explaining what the Third Person Controller integration is doing. In the Adventure Creator integration sample scene you'll see that it really is just assigning two components after you've created your Third Person Controller character: AdventureCreatorControllerBridge and the Adventure Creator Player component.

I'll write a quick documentation topic on this.
  • Here's a quick guide on how to get up and running with the Adventure Creator integration:

http://www.opsive.com/assets/ThirdPersonController/documentation.php?id=78

Like I mentioned in my first post, this integration only covers the character movement. With the Behavior Designer integration I created Adventure Creator actions but wasn't sure what type of Third Person Controller actions to create. If anybody has any suggestions I would be happy to add it.
  • Ok looks good.  Thanks for the info.  As I use the assets together I'm sure I will realize what third person integrations I would like to see.

@wendymorrison no apologies necessary.  I love hearing what everyone has to say

Thanks Opsive
  • works nice when all setup in a scene, but what if I want to go to another scene? Then I have a problem the opsive controls don't work. What do I need to do when going to a new scene, reset up the character in the new level? thanks

• @rkruk -

Sorry for the late response - I just saw your post. For the fastest support you can either post on the Third Person Controller forums or send an email to support@opsive.com.

To answer your question, there was a problem with this integration which prevented the controller from correctly switching scenes. This has since been fixed so if you download the newest set of Adventure Creator integration files you'll be good to go.