Forum rules - please read before posting.

Random Menus

edited June 2015 in Technical Q&A
Hi was trying to avoid this considering i useally work it out myself but just can't get this one. Now i know you can use variable: Check random number which works a treat but is it possible if you are checking randomly 3 possibilties that instead of 1 out of 3 chance can you have it where its 2 out of three chances of coming up.

And also is it possible to create random items list through the inventory. Like lets say i have 20 items but i only want to show 8 items randomly in the inventory list is this possible.

Comments

• Hi i still can't get this one has anyone have any ideas about what i said above.
  • To check for a random 2 out of 3, just have the first two outputs of the Variable: Check random number Action link up to the same thing.

For adding items randomly, you'd have to use the same Action - just have 20 outputs and have each output add a different item.  You'd definitely want to use the ActionList Editor window for that - it'll be easier to arrange and copy/paste the Actions needed.
  • Hi thanks for getting back to me but am not sure which way you mean for variable: Check random number because you can't link 2 to them.
  • I think i get what you meant but that variable: check random number work out because i have 3 things and only want to be able 2 menus and 99% of the time its the 2 that the variable is linked to and if that 1% comes up you are only able to open 1 menu not 2.
  • edited June 2015
    Hi again sorry for this but adding items randomly won't work for me considering i have 3 inventory with a categories each. I tried that variable: Check random number.
  • I don't understand your reply.  Please write as clearly as you can, with screenshots if possible showing what you've done already.

This is what I mean about linking 2 outputs:

• I actually figured it out now. Here is a picture of it. http://imgur.com/xIsFy00
    The inGamePurse, Bag, Trash represents buttons that open 3 inventorys 1 at a time. I wanted 2 to be able to open but of course randomly though. But sometimes with this method the same 2 opens around 5 in a row. If you have a better way please let me know. Thanks in advance.
  • Unity's random number generator might not be as good as we'd like.  I'll see about making a better one in 1.47.
  • Yep cool Thanks for all your help.