Forum rules - please read before posting.

MyPlayer cannot pathfind without a Paths component

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is a very basic question. I'm just starting out with Adventure Creator and Unity and am trying to following along with the Creating a 2D game tutorial on Youtube. I've created a navmesh and player character, I've got to this point in the video :
In the game screen, the character doesnt walk around. He cant move. This error comes up in the console: 
MyPlayer cannot pathfind without a Paths component
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
AC.Char:MoveAlongPoints(Vector3[], Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/Char.cs:1178)
AC.PlayerMovement:ProcessHit(Vector3, GameObject, Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMovement.cs:627)
AC.PlayerMovement:RaycastNavMesh(Vector3, Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMovement.cs:651)
AC.PlayerMovement:PointControlPlayer() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMovement.cs:539)
AC.PlayerMovement:UpdatePlayerMovement() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Controls/PlayerMovement.cs:112)
AC.StateHandler:Update() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/StateHandler.cs:194)

It looks very easy when watching the tutorial so I dont have any idea why it isnt working for me. Im very new to Unity so apologies if I am missing something obvious.

Any help would be much appreciated :)
Thanks,
Shaun

Comments

• Check that your Player has a "Paths" component attached to the root object (the same one that has the "Player" component).  It should have been added for you automatically, but if not you'll have to add it manually.
  • Many thanks Chris. For some reason this hadnt been added automatically :)