Forum rules - please read before posting.

Displaying Arabic Text

I followed the tutorial regarding adding multiple translations and named the new language "Arabic", but when when showing the translated text all I see is "????". So no Arabic characters are being shown at all.

What can I do in this case?

I even got Arabic fonts to the folder and tried to assign them (through the menu tab in Game Editor window) but that did not help at all.

Comments

• The Arabic feature will simply reverse the order of input boxes and strings - it won't affect the translation output, so I don't know where your "????" display is coming from.  For which line types (speech, menu etc) are these characters appearing?  Are you entering in special characters into your dialogue boxes?
  • This applies to all types of text (menus and subtitles).

I am not entering any specific characters. In fact not a single Arabic character is displayed but always a question mark.

I am using open office to edit the .csv file and when opening it asks me to select a character set/encoding. I selected Windows-1256 since that is the popular choice in other development tools.
  • Ok, found the issue.

When opening the .csv file in open office you should select UTF-8 as the encoding.

Text displays fine now :)