Forum rules - please read before posting.

Object transform scale and translate don't work together.

edited June 2015 in Technical Q&A
I have a sprite that I want to scale down and at the same time move it nice and smooth.
The sprite has scale transition time 0.4, and translate has transition time 2.

However object scale and translate don't work together.

Btw why we don't have Object: Move to point? Like Character : Move to point. This could have solved the problem.

Also I need some sprites move exactly to a marker and with just Object: Transform translate is not possible, since it keeps moving in a given direction and doesn't stop at the marker.

Comments

• Hi i have used all these actions although i did find that if you have the actions editor window open it didn't work for me i don't know why that happens though so when i use the translation actions i shut the actions editor down. And the next one you could use Object : Teleport to a marker. I use all these actions for my hidden object game.
  • Unfortunatelly, it didn't help. I had to add player component to the sprite and use Character: Move to point instead of Object: Transform translate.
    Also I needed to create a marker so it knows where to move to.
  • Did You solve it. Also if you haven't put a remember transform on your object to this may help.
  • edited June 2015
    You only need remember transform to save transforms, so you could load them.
  • Have you got the movable script on your objects
  • edited June 2015
    Yes,  I do have the movable script.
    The problem is solved by workaround as I described above. With player component.
    But still I think we should have Object: Move to point, like Character : Move to point.

• Yeah Object: Move to point would be good to
  • Back to your original question, if you want to affect e.g. scale / movement together, you can assign a Marker that's transform will be completely copied using the Object: Transform Action.