Forum rules - please read before posting.

Trigger causes a skip in active Actionlist

Hi Chris!

So here is the situation. I have an Actionlist in which I open a door, have the character walk to a marker on the other side of the door, and when he is there, close the door again. (both the open and close are seperate cutscenes that work by translating a moveable object with the object > Rotate action. 

So basically the action is:
  1. OpenDoor, wait till finished,
  2. Walk to marker on the other side with pathfinding, wait till finished
  3. CloseDoor, wait till finishes,
  4. Stop.
On the doorstep is a trigger set to 'Continuous' running in the background (it just sets a bool that the player is in the next room now). 

What I have found however, is that while the player is walking to the marker in the new room (the walking is set to 'wait until finished'), the avatar walks over the trigger volume on the doorstep, which stops the walking straight away (so before it reaches the target marker), and the actionlist skips straight to the part where the doors close again.

In other words: The continuous trigger makes the current playing actionlist stop performing its current action and skip straight to the next action in that actionlist. 

The trigger's actionlist just flips a bool and then stops. 

Any advise? 

Comments

• The Trigger shouldn't be doing anything unless you're running normal gameplay - it should totally ignore the player during a cutscene.

Try unchecking "Cancel interactions" within it's Inspector panel.
  • Well that is obviously turned off ;)

I figured out what is causing my problem. And that problem is.... me!

I didn't lay out the navMesh segments through the doorway. And since I checked the "pathfind" box in the 'character > move to point'  action, and there was no way to reach that point through walking on the navmesh, it just walked as close as it could go to the edge of the navmesh, which happened to be right on the border of the trigger volume...

When reaching the end of the navmesh, the character is flagged as reaching its destination marker even though it hasn't, and skips to the next point in the Actionlist, which was closing the door in his face.