Forum rules - please read before posting.

Object: Send Message / Player Prefab - Scene Changes Issue

I'm currently sending custom messages to my Player prefab in order to start / stop certain animation sequences instead of using Character: Animate.  I'm doing this because I want to animate the eyes separately from the mouth and have the flexibility of stringing together different animations to make new ones.  Also, I'm using 2d Toolkit to animate the character (I really don't think this is the issue, just more info).

When the scene changes to another, the Object : Send Messages no longer send correctly to the object.  I don't get the usual "there is no receiver" or any log warnings, just nothing.  If I click on the Object to Affect in the cutscene ActionList Editor, it correctly highlights the Player Prefab in the scene, so I'm not sure why the messages are just not working.  Keep in mind that i do have the Send to Children Too? option selected.

What could I be missing in being able to send a message to a game object that moves from scene to scene?

Thank you!

Comments

• I think it is because in your new scene the object(or actionlist) doesn't exist.
  • I SOLVED IT!

I forgot to mention that I was leaving a scene and coming back to it, which was causing the break issue.  I was using AC to leave the LevelSelect scene but was NOT using it to go back to the LevelSelect scene.  This was because I had written this other code before I started implementing AC.

So I changed it from Application.LoadLevel("LevelSelect") to an AC method of loading the scene.  Everything worked as expected after that.  

Thank you!
  • Haha, no wonder nothing was loaded :)
    Glad you solved it.