Forum rules - please read before posting.

Lost cursor movement

Banging my head against this one for ages now... had to ask, maybe its something someone has run into..

In my demo, I am almost always in control of the camera, following an NPC as she guides you through the level. Right at the end I teleport the Player to the right location and enable First Person, movement and cursor, so you can explore a bit on your own.
This has been working COMPLETELY FINE since the start.
I went of on a journey of adding hotspots and a HUD (menu stuff) and came back to test and now, although the camera DOES switch to the Player Cam and he has keyboard movement, the cursor is nor refusing to become enabled, and as its 1st person, that means we cannot turn.

Here is the screenshot of where I re-enable the player (Manage Systems), plus an extra action I was trying to BRUTE FORCE the situation, the "player Constrain" where I UN-CONSTRAINED everything.

Oh and By the way, a couple of times I have noticed a few errors, but a re-start of Unity has fixed them, but I have tried this here. (One I can remember was 2 NPCs that madly ran in circles when they should have been madly running along a path... after 15 mins troubleshooting, I restarted Unity and it was fixed, is this normal?)

Comments

• Bit of testing later..
    I can confirm that the reason is that I have lost cursor movement on my player.
    I created a new scene, organised, and hit play. My player appears, but I cannot move the mouse to turn him.

I checked, he has a camer attatched, its tagged to 1st person camer, and has the script attatced...

What can I try next?

(this also explains whey loading backup versions of the project dont help, the problme is in the prefab GGGGGRRRRRR!!!

Mark
  • Does the cursor remain locked in the centre of the screen, or can you move it around?  If the latter, check that you have "Lock cursor in screen's centre when game begins" is checked in your Settings Manager.  Do you have a ToggleCursor input button defined?

Know that if you change your movement method mid-game, it'll actually effect the Settings Manager itself, and so the change will be saved even once the game ends.  I know it sounds obvious, but is the Movement method set correctly in your new test scene?

If you suspect that the Player prefab is wrong, try testing with Tin Pot - the demo game's player character, which is also set up for First Person movement.  You can find him in AdventureCreator/Demo/Resources - if your game works with him, then you should be able to check his various components against your own to see what's wrong.
  • edited June 2015
    Of course it was "Lock cursor in screen's centre when game begins"  that was switched off... Damn you're good!
    Funny thing was that if affected so much in my demo.
    Because I feel like my Player is disabled and that Im just hopping from one Camera switch to another, including a 3rd person camera that attached to the NPC thats acting as our "virtual Host". But still, simply having that accidentally turned off affected things like Camera Switch and Resume next point in path...
    Still testing but I think its fixed now---