Forum rules - please read before posting.

Adding another cursor

I have followed exactly the mechanism to add one more icon to the Hotspots, mainly the icon 'Kill'.

1. Under Cursor Manager I Create New Icon
  2. leave size and the rest as defaults. Insert any icon from  the library ANYONE
  3. Tick the Prefix Cursor Label.

In my Hotspot I add another User interaction and it recognizes my newly added cursor: Kill, I create a interaction

When I play that icon never appears. I've tried everything and I have two PC's both the same

Comments

• Do other icons appear normally?  It may be a problem with your textures - check the Import settings (available in the Inspector when you select it), and make sure it matches up with the other icons.
    1. On purpose I didn't choose any different icons just one of the standard for '.use, talk, look at' and they all appear correctly except the new named cursor but funny enough this new name (I named it 'kill') is recognized under Hotspot->Use Interactions clicking the Cursor drop down menu the word 'kill' appears. So all icons show up except the new one.
    2. Chris  I am perhaps abusing by asking so many questions but I am just starting and cannot find the right answer from the Manual. So please bear with me: I have a Player with Mecanim animations (your tutorial 'girl') and when I click a hotspot somewhere it runs an Asset Action List  for a npc ('guy' in your tutorial) character to patrol SIMULTANEOUSLY with a MoveTo 2 different Markers back and forth and everything is fine except the Player cannot move any more while the npc patrols. It must be possible to do it because this is a typical game scene.
  • No problem, but please try to ask different questions in different threads.

1. You'll still have to let me know the results of looking into the texture's type.  It should be set to "Cursor", so see what it's set to and change it to that if it isn't.

2. You will need to set the ActionList's "When running" property to "Run In Background".  By default, it is set the "Pause Gameplay", which will prevent you from moving the player.  You can find this property at the top of the ActionLists' Inspector.
  • As I mentioned all other cursors appear normally. they are all in a folder: AC/graphics/Textures/icon_??   they are all Textures 2D icons and they are all appearing on screen. As for the new icon for 'kill' I use one of those  icons as for instance icon-look at.

I don't understand exactly what you mean by "..it should be set to cursor..". what?

The second question IS CLEAR and it WORKS. Once again thank you.

• I picked up the cursor manager from your physicsDemo and there I can see all cursors inclusive the new one I created. I looked cafrefully to see if there were any differences and there were none. Then I used again my own Cursor Manager and now I can see ALL OF THEM. So what happened? probably a corrupted MyDursorManager and when reloading it it must have cured it.

Whatever it was is working now !!!