Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hiding hotspot labels in the editor

edited June 2015 in Technical Q&A
Hi,

I was wondering if there 's a way to hide the hotspot labels while working in the editor. I recently just upgrade my version of AC (from 1.45) and Unity (from 5.0) and there are now hotspot names all over my scene. This effects performance when moving around the scene. Thanks! -Jasonimage

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Wow! It looks like you are using all your scenes/rooms in one level. How does it affect your game perfomance? Is this a Hidden Object game?
  • You'd have to amend the original Hotspot prefab - locate /Assets/AdventureCreator/Prefabs/Logic/Hotspot, and change it's display mode at the top-left of it's Inspector.
  • Thanks, Chris! Works like a charm. I should amend my last comment in my previous post, it only affected performance of moving around in the editor initially, after a few seconds I could move around as quick as before, but it's good being able to see my scene clearly now :)

SkyTree: performance in-game is pretty good, typically I get 60 fps, but all I'm using are textures. I'm using pre-rendered images instead of in-game 3d assets, just find it easier to get what I want going this route. And it is like a hidden object game. I'll share it on the forums once I'm done with it :)

Thanks for your time,
    Jason
  • Would love to see your progress and some videos :)
  • Hi, sorry to dig up this topic but i have same issue, label with name makes it hard to see hotspot and change its size on small objects. Is there any way to just turn off labels with names but leave yellow boxes so i can still edit them? Becouse method Chris presented makes whole hotspot disappear and i cant edit it. 
  • Still works for me. Be sure you're not turning the prefab off, but rather clicking on the blue cube and then click on "None" with the red X next to it.
  • Thank you very much, i didnt notice that button, im so stupid xI