Forum rules - please read before posting.

Anyone using Final IK with AC?

Comments

• Since my previous post I've decided to probably do this as a multi-part tutorial/discussion starting with the basics, and then seeing if that generates any questions, comments or useful ideas for new integration points with AC. I've not really been doing anything with the Look at IK system lately, but let's see if there's interest - AC's own system works fine for me at the moment.

Helping out? No, just trying to learn - and I still owe hundreds of hours to smarter people than me who share their wisdom on YouTube! :)
  • I surely have interest into the look at.

If possible - greatly appreciated
  • Yeah, I would greatly appreciate an in depth explanation, too. I'm still very noob when it come to final IK and final IK with AC.
  • Multi-part sounds good! I’m familiar with Final IK when it comes to grounder and some other stuff, but setting up your script with Final IK / AC got tricky for me (fairly sure something with the object/hotspot/interaction, but didn’t get it going).
  • edited May 2016
    Slowly going mad here - can't get my usual screen recording software (Active Presenter) working properly with the Unity editor - I keep losing track of my mouse cursor.

Can anyone recommend a screen recording program for Windows that works well with the Unity editor????

UPDATE: Got it working - but much too annoyed to record anything right now!
  • edited May 2016
    Pulled myself together and did this short thing with a very tired, annoyed and still slightly sick version of me discussing the basics of setting up Final IK with AC. Will try and do one about setting up interactions on Saturday - and probably also go back and change the player character to use a character controller instead of the rigidbody + capsule collider.

• I am stuck to use Rigidbody for my game, is there anyway around this?
  • Sorry, everyone - still struggling with my health, and will be out of town the rest of this week, so not much happening on the tutorials front here, I'm afraid.

Will get back to it as soon as I have the time and energy!
  • Snebjorn, thank you for the tutorial! Looking forward to the interactions tutorial.
  • edited June 2016
    For anyone that used Snjeborns Final IK Action script: I had one big problem and that is, if I tried to skip an Actionlist, the action was still active after doing so. Meaning, the arm for example still makes the IK movement after the interaction is skipped instead of stopping after skipping. To solve this, add:

override public void Skip(){

}

(after the override public float Run)

This empty override function block solved it for me!
    (I use AC 1.51b and Unity 5.3.1F1)
  • Oops, hadn't thought about that - glad to hear you got it working, though!
  • @PurpleShine: Where in the script shall we put this? Could you give the line number where you have added that code?

Cheers.

• edited June 2016
    Here you go! (Full script with added code)  @Deckard_89 ;http://pastebin.com/CCbufuMB

• Hello guys! This might be a longshot but i'm hoping to get an answer.

I'm using Final IK with AC to make my character interact with objects and everything works great. However I have made door prefab in my game and use Global Variables with AC to check if they are closed/open etc and have my characters Final ik interaction work accordingly with it.

This setup works in the Unity Editor but NOT in the built version. The "regular" final ik interactions (when simply directly running this custom script) works fine in both the editor and build version. But the doors interaction does NOT work in the build. So something about combining ACs global variables or perhaps prefabing interactions with Final IK does not work in the build. 
    There are no errors, it simply looks like it skips the interaction part. The rest of the actionlists runs and opens the door.

I'm not really good at coding so this might be an easy fix. Im suspecting the solution lies in the custom script you guys posted in this thread. I followed tutorials to make this script work with parameters/variables and like I said everything works perfect in the unity editor but not the build.

If anyone has any suggestions/ideas on how to fix this I would be super happy 
    :)
  • @Diputs: Do the "doors interactions" work (in a build) if you create them one at a time, rather than with a prefab? If so, it may be the only way to go if nobody can help out (I'm no great coder either), as tedious as it can be with the hand poser etc.
  • edited September 2017
    @Deckard_89 ;Yes exactly the doors work in build if I would make them unique. However I have over 20 doors in one scene so prefabing them is the obvious workflow. I see what you're saying and it has crossed my mind. It would be frustrating though since I got it working in the editor so im hoping there's another solution :)
  • Never prefab your Interactions, or any scene-based ActionList type.  Always rely on ActionList assets instead - these get around the issues that prefab-based ActionLists have.

To change the contents of ActionLists at runtime, you can use ActionList parameters - see this tutorial as well as the Manual's Section 5.14.  It's hard to say exactly how they might be used in this situation, since your current Actions aren't posted - but have a look into them and see if that's the right direction.
  • Yes sorry i should have been clearer I am using Actionlists assets and realised now this is where the problem lied. I could not get the FinalIK_RunInteraction to work in actionlist asset on build (not sure why though).

However i found a work around. I made the FinalIK_RunInteraction actions into scene actionlists (one specific for every interaction) and connected them via parameters in the actionlist asset for the door
  • I have updated the Action script with support for parameters / constant ID (so it can work with assets).  It can be found on the AC wiki here: http://adventure-creator.wikia.com/wiki/FinalIK_Interactions_Integration_(AC_Action)