Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cutscene start when player is idle for more than 3-5 seconds

Hi Chris and AC community! Thank you so much for this  awesome tool! As a non developer i really appreciate AC. I'm in process of making my game and i was wondering how to make camera movement around location (3D scene) if player not moving for 3-5 second. I was thinking to create cutscene with different camera switch actions that will start when player is idle. I'm newbie here so sorry if there was a similar discussion about it

Akmal

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @salihoff.

To move the camera, you can either use the Camera: Switch Action to move the camera over time, or switch to a GameCamera Animated, which you can use to animate a camera however you like.  To have this occur without interrupting gameplay, you'd have to set When running (at the top of the ActionLists' Inspector) to Run In Background.

It'd be quite tricky to have this run after 5 seconds of idle time without coding, which I'm guessing you're trying to avoid.  The steps below would be able to achieve your intended effect, but only so far as not interacting with objects go:
    • Set your first Action to an Engine: Pause game of 5 seconds.  If your ActionList is set to run in the background, the "pause" will instead be a "wait" command.
    • Call this ActionList whenever an Interaction or Cutscene finishes.  Because of the wait command, it won't start immediately.
    • Whenever an Interaction or Cutscene begins, use the ActionList: Kill Action to stop the ActionList, preventing those Camera: Switch Actions from running.
  • Thank you Chris! Yeah know i see how it's tricky to make it without code. But frankly I have friend he's good at coding maybe he'll make me script that tracks navigation controls and activates action list if there is idle.