Forum rules - please read before posting.

Turn off /remove hotspots names.

2»

Comments

• Yes, I did. I was experimenting if AC would register a new menu name.

https://imgur.com/L3xUyRj

• edited September 2019

All right. I wouldn't need the whole project, though.

Send over your full set of Managers and Menu-related assets (fonts etc), as well as a sample scene to test them in, and I'll see what's what.

Are you still using AC v1.66.8 or have you updated to the latest release?

• I've updated the wiki script with a couple of adjustments - give it another go.

• Hey Chris. Now it works.

Unfortunatly the hotspots now also show, when I switch cameras. The limit to camera script does not seem to affect them. Or maybe is overwritten by the "always show during gameplay". Is there a way to fix that too?

• The script overrides default behaviour. I'll see if it can account for this as well, however.

• Done - try it now.

• Seems to work fine. Thx a lot Chris. Your support is top notch.

• No problem. Asset reviews are welcome.

• Hi Chis. I'm trying to make some of the hotspots invisible again (for example after an object is picked up) but failed to do so.

Deleting the hotspot via the Action List Editor does not work and results in the following error.

• Hotspots should generally be disabled with the Hotspot: Enable or disable Action, rather than deleted, so that their on/off state can be stored in save games via the Remember Hotspot component.

I've made a tweak to the wiki script to account for this scenario, however. Try it now and see if that helps.

• I don't get errors anymore, but the hotspot label is still visible and floats around randomly over the screen.

I tried Hotspot: Enable and Disable, but it did not affect the label.

• OK, try it once more.

• Hey Chris. Now it works.

But when you open the menu, the hotspots that are shown in a particular scene, display aswell.

Could you fix that aswell?

For my general understanding, when it comes to building Tablet-Versions with touch-input with AC: What is your recommended way to manage hotspots?

Our fix now works fine for me, but it seemed a bit clunky.

• But when you open the menu, the hotspots that are shown in a particular scene, display aswell.

Please elaborate with more detail and screenshots, I'm not sure what you mean.

What is your recommended way to manage hotspots? Our fix now works fine for me, but it seemed a bit clunky.

Fix for which problem, and what's clunky exactly?

As Hotspot names are not shown at all times by default, the default behaviour is that Hotspots require two taps to interact with them: one to show the label, the other to run the Interaction. If you're showing the label already, uncheck the Settings Manager's Activate Hotspots with double-tap? property to prevent this.

• edited October 2019

When I open the Pause Menu the hotspots shine through, from the scene that is open behind the menu.

In this case: Erika, Keller & Eingang. They should not be visible.

I have unchecked the Activate Hotspots with double-tap - that all works fine.

What I'm asking is: How would you show hotspots in a touch game? How would you make them visible or noticable, if you can't search the scene with a mouse?

• In this case: Erika, Keller & Eingang. They should not be visible.

I've updated the script once more, try it now.

How would you show hotspots in a touch game? How would you make them visible or noticable, if you can't search the scene with a mouse?

By default, it's a case of tapping on where you want to interact, and - if you tapped on a Hotspot - that Hotspot gets highlighted. A second tap in the same place then runs its Interaction.

It's also possible to invoke the "FlashHotspots" input button to have all Hotspots highlight for a moment. This is normally a case of having a Hotspot's mesh literally brighten via it's Highlight component, but you can also have an icon display instead/as well by configuring the "Hotspot settings" in the Settings Manager.

To invoke the "FlashHotspots" input button on a touch-screen, you can create a Menu Button and have it simulate this input when pressed

It is also possible to rely on a simulated mouse cursor on touch-screen, that is moved by dragging around the screen rather than being exactly where you touch. To enable this, check Moving touch drags cursor? in the Settings Manager's "Touch-screen settings".