Forum rules - please read before posting.

Make subtitle appear longer?

Im making a chapter-based game and I want to have the name of the chapter show for like 4-5 seconds after the scene has been loaded. As it is now the text only appears relative to how much text it is displaying, for example the text "Intro" appears for like half a second  :-?

How can I make this work?

Comments

• You can adjust the text's "Display time factor" within the Speech Manager to adjust the time of all text.

If you use scrolling, you can also make the speech pause whenever you like within a line by using the [wait:X] token within your speech text, where "X" is the number of seconds you want to wait.
  • Thanks! Works like a charm  \m/
  • Has "Display time factor" been removed from the Speech Manager?
  • Please ignore my previous comment. When "Display speech forever until user skips it" is not checked, "Display time factor" is available.
  • What is the unit for the display time factor? When I have it set to 0.1, it waits about 1 second. When I have it set to 0.2, it waits about 4 seconds.
  • There's a bit more going on behind the scenes, but it's essentially the total display time in seconds divided by the number of characters in the text.