Forum rules - please read before posting.

Playmaker AI

I have put together a scene where I have used playmaker to set up a really basic AI, what it does is having a cube look at a tagged object. It can detect objects if they are not behind walls and so on, when it sees the object it says "I see you" and when it doesnt see the object it says "I cant see you". 

When i use a simple sphere for example and tag it as player the system works fine, but when i change it to my UFPS prefab also tagged as player it doesnt work. The cube still looks at the UFPS-player but it says it cant see it regardless of where it is. What is wrong?

Comments

• I think the problem is that I have to(?) drag my UFPS prefab into my scene and make that the thing that the cube/enemy is going to look for. But the thing is that I have to delete the prefab from the scene and instead use the playerstart. Does the cube/enemy find the prefab this way or is there a way around this? 

I even tried having it look att the playerstart but that doesnt work either. I probably need something that I can assign it to look at that I dont have to delete and that doesnt dissapear when I hit play like the playerstart does.
  • The PlayerStart only turns invisible when the game begins - it doesn't get removed from the scene.

This combination of using UFPS, AC and PM could mean the problem is down to any of them.  For what reason are you having to delete the player prefab from the scene?
  • I solved this the other day by leaving the player prefab in the scene, however I had to add an invisible gameobject tagged as player to the prefab for the PM-based enemy to look at but now it works fine!  ^:)^