Forum rules - please read before posting.

3rd person cam shifty controls

Hi, 

I was just wondering how to set up the 3rd person camera, the setting so that it actually works like a 3rd person control. I did set it up based from the forum settings, but then the controls like arrows or wasd is like weird. I would like it to turn the character with the mouse so that when I press up the character moves forward, but instead the the up arrow turns the character to walk, if I press left the character goes right or sometimes forward. I really would like to know the settings on how to make the mouse when moved back and forth it makes the character turn that way and up arrow is always moving forward.... like a real controller. (example opsive) This latter I tried but, can't figure out then when I change levels how to move the controls to work in the new scene. So my conclusion would be to only use AC for controls, but I have that control problem. Please help, thanks.

Comments

• AC's 3rd person camera only rotates the camera - not the player.  If you don't want the camera to rotate relative to the player, set the Spin rotation to Locked, and check Always behind target?.

If you are using Direct control for movement, look for the Direct-movement type popup near the bottom of the Settings Manager, and change it to Tank Controls.  This will allow for the left and right arrow keys to change the character's facing direction.