Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspot script on Inventory Object

hi!

I tried to put the hotspot-script directly on an object, that should be picked up and put into inventory, but for some reason it doesn´t show up as hotspot while playing even though the yellow cube is there (object is also cube).

Is this normal?

Comments

• Does the object have a collider?
  • just tried to put on a box collider and mesh collider, but doesnt change anything.

here is a screenshot of the setup
  • I can't see anything wrong with your screenshot, and I tried duplicating the exact same setup in my game and it worked fine, so I assume there's something else amiss on your side. Is the hotspot ray length set correctly? Do labels pop up on regular hotspots (created via the AC menu)?
  • Your screenshot hides the object's layer - check that it is on the Default layer, and that it is not sharing the same space as any other collider.

Generally it's recommended to keep your mesh and Hotspot as separate GameObjects.  The easiest way to have them occupy the same space is to select the mesh, and check Position over selected mesh? when creating the Hotspot in the Scene Manager.