Forum rules - please read before posting.

"Program has stopped working" when exiting game

I have encountered a problem when building my game. When I start my built game on my PC everything works just fine, but when I exit the game it "crashes" and say "The program has stopped working" and I have to hit cancel for the game to close.

The problem started like week ago, before the last AC update I think, tried starting a new empty project but the problem is there to.

Comments

• Was it due to upgrading your version of Unity?  There must be some cause for the change.
  • I haven´t updated Unity for like a month, and this problem occured before updating to the new version of AC so I really don´t know what the problem is, it just appeared.  
  • And what is the full error message?  Does it give any more detail?

Check your log files (see this page for the location) - it may be able to provide a clue.
  • The only message I get is: (Translated from swedish)

nameofgame.exe has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
    Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is avaiable.

I coult make anything of the logfile I found, don´t even know if it´s the right one.

Updated to Unity 5.1.2 now but it didn´t help.
  • Thank you, though I'm afraid the error message is too vague - it's not enough for me to do anything about, and it's not clear if this is an AC problem.  As you said, it happened just before the upgrade - were there any other assets you added at the time that might be causing this?
  • I tried with a completely new project with AC without any other assets imported and the problem remains.
  • On what platform?
  • Windows desktop
  • It works when I build in 32-bit but crashes when I build 64-bit. I´m guessing its a Unity error? I have an output_log that I can send you Chris if you want to take a look?
  • Ok some news, when building in DX11 only 32-bit works, 64-bit crashes while both 32 and 64-bit works fine when building in DX9.

It´s probably not a AC-error but maybe someone has an idea on what might be wrong?