Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cursor movement with buttons and hotspot clicks

Hi Chris and community! I'm making progress in my game and stuck with couple issues :) 

1) Most of my hotspots has only one interaction type: Camera Switch. I was wondering how i can run interaction on hotspot with just one click. I was able to do similar by running interaction via "Examine interaction" but this interaction works on right mouse click. Could you give a cue how to swap right click to left click for "Examine interaction", or how to run "Use interaction" with just one left click

2) I really like Camera feature Cursor influence, and i was wondering can use this influence with keyboard (Up,Down,Left,Right) I tried to add buttons in Inputs Managers for Cursor Vertical\Horizontal  but there was no difference. Would be happy if i could move cursor with buttons.

Thank you!

Comments

• edited August 2015
    The answet to your first question is simple. Check Hotspot's inspector Hotspot (script) component there you will find Single use interaction check . I'm sure by the time you read this you already found it :)

Sorry can't help you with your second question I don't use much of cameras.
  • 1) @SkyTree's solution is correct if your interaction method is not Context Sensitive.  If it is, left-clicking should be a simple matter of creating a Use interaction.  What's your set-up?

2) You can use the keyboard to control the cursor if you set your Input method (in the Settings Manager) to Keyboard Or Controller.  Inputs available to you will be listed beneath.
  • Thanks Chris and @SkyTree! Both problems solved. My settings by default were Context Sensitive so  Single use interaction checkbox was hidden.  By the way small improvement suggestion maybe all features in scripts (or everywhere) could be greyed out instead of hidden. In this case i would know that this feature is here but locked because of some settings choices i've made. But if there's only couple of hidden features maybe that doesn't makes sense :)

Many Thanks!