Forum rules - please read before posting.

Make the player moves on click

Hi,

I would like to make the player moves when i click on the floor, but i can't find where it must be set, thanks.

Comments

• You'll first need to set your Movement method (inside your Settings Manager) to Point And Click.  You then just need to define a NavMesh for your scene, which determines where the player can and can't walk.

The exact workflow for creating a NavMesh depends on your chosen Navigation engine (in the Scene Manager), of which you have three options:

Polygon Collider (2D only)
    Mesh Collider (3D only, requires an external 3D modelling tool)
    Unity Navigation (3D only, relies on Unity's build in Navigation tool)
  • Thanks for your answer, i've already created a NavMesh with unity navigation, and i baked the navMeshSegment, i forgot to say that my player moves when i click on a hotspot, but he doesn't move when i click somewhere on the navMeshSegment.
  • Did you assign the navmesh as the default in the 'scene settings'? (near onload, on start bit)
  • I think there is no default settings with unity navigationimage, it's only with mesh collider isn't it ?
  • That's correct - the tradeoff with the ease of baking the NavMesh means you can't swap it out mid-game, so there's no need for a "default" field in this case.

Does the player navigate properly around the NavMesh when you click a Hotspot (i.e. properply pahtfinds?)  Check that you've created the "NavMesh" layer in Unity's Tags and Layers manager, following the instructions in section 1.1 of the Manual.  The NavMeshSegment should be placed automatically on this layer during gameplay, provided that it exists.
  • Ho that's right Chris, thanks a lot for your help !