Forum rules - please read before posting.

Is it possible to use a sprite as Hotspot 2D?

Hi again!!!
I wondered if possible use sprites instead of Hotspot 2D. This would be useful for very irregular objects in the foreground, in front of all selectable objects. The problem that I have with Hotspot 2D is that I am not able to edit them irregular shapes and are always square or rectangular.

Thanks!!

Comments

• You can try to put the Hotspot component on the sprite's gameobject. I do that with my character sprites too, works fine.
  • Could you explain a little more extensively this trick? I'm not very experienced and I'm starting with this. Thank you!
  • edited August 2015
    What you need to do is delete the Box Collider 2D component from your hotspot and add a Polygon Collider 2D component. When you then edit the collider you can turn it into any shape you want. You can also add multiple collider components if needed.

• What? your telling me i can use polygon collider 2D as hotspots? :O
  • edited August 2015
    Yep. Well, you can't substitute the actual hotspot object for just a collider, but you can attach whichever type of collider you want to the hotspot object. By default the Hotspot 2D object has a box collider attached to it, but you can replace it with a Polygon Collider :)
  • It's true!  The 2D demo game does this for the Tree.