Forum rules - please read before posting.

Same animation not behaving the same from 1.45 to 1.47b

Hello,

I hope someone can help me.

I made an animation in a game using AC 1.45. I upgraded to AC 1.47b to do my new game. But in my new game, the animation doesn't behave the same way. Let me explain...

I have created the animation of a door that open, but for the animation to start, you have to use a key on the hotspot created on the door. In the game on AC 1.45 it works perfectly but on AC 1.47b, the animation of the door starts without even doing anything. Everything is configured the same way.

What could be the problem? Could it be a bug?

Regards

Comments

• You haven't described what method of animation (Sprites, Legacy, Mecanim etc) you're using, and the answer may well depend on that.

First I'd suggest determining if this is because the Action that triggers this animation is being run prematurely, or if it's because the animation is playing on it's own accord.  Try disabling the Action and seeing if the problem persists.
  • The method of animation is Sprites. I'm going to redo the animation since I had deleted it. But I think the animation is playing on it's own accord because to activate the animation the player as to use a key but even if the player doesn't have the key, when you just enter the scene, the animation starts.

I will redo that today and I will let you know.
  • It's playing on it's own...

I really don't know whats wrong right now.
  • I want to also tell that the animations are doing that when they are still. Like if the door just opens or a chest that opens.
  • Post a screenshot of your sprite's Animator window, and anything else that may be relevant.  Have a look at the Animator window when the game runs - how is the animation playing?  Is it the default?  Is it being triggered by an incorrect parameter?
  • Here are the two animator window :

Here are the interactions that goes with it :

Those animations are on my second scene. I also have animations on my first scene and they work fine. I really don't know what could I been doing wrong...
  • Well, I don't know which animation is supposed to be playing (door vs Door?), but Coffre is the default animation in the first window - so it'd make sense that that gets played automatically.
  • Do you have any idea how I can change that so that it doesn't play automatically?
  • Just create a blank state in your animator component and make it the default - it doesn't need to have an actual animation clip assigned.
  • I added the blank state and made it the default. But now if I don't make the transition to the animation clip, it does nothing and if I make the transition it plays automatically again.
  • I really hope you can help me because I'm stuck there and I cannot go futher in my game because of that...
  • It's hard to say if this isn an issue you're having with AC, or just with the way Unity's Mecanim system works.  If you don't have a transition, then the clip should play so long as your "Object: Animate" Action's Clip name matches exactly with the name in the Animator window.

If you add a transition, you'll have to set up a condition for it so that it doesn't play automatically - such as adding a boolean parameter that must be set to True.  You can then use the "Object: Animate" Action to change the parameter's value, rather than calling the clip by name.
  • Could you tell me where to add the boolean parameter please?

Sorry for all the help I'm asking, but I'm really a beginner...

Have a nice day.
  • You add it within the Animator window itself.  If you're looking for help with Unity in general, it's better to consult Unity's docs instead.