Forum rules - please read before posting.

Losing Action List attachments when pushing to a Mercurial repo

Hey! :)

I noticed, that every time i push my project to my Mercurial repo, and retrieve it on my other PC or other team members pull it, that 2-3 Action Lists are not attached to various GUI buttons anymore.. I wonder why that happens, and if anyone has the same issue.

Thanks in advance <3

Comments

• Please be as specific as you can.  Which GUI buttons in particular?  The more detail you can give, the better an answer I can provide, and more likely I can offer a fix.
  • It's completely random.. So far it has been on the Quit Game button in the main menu, and another Exit button that closes a custom GUI. Maybe i'm pushing something to the Repo the wrong way, not sure..
  • Here's two screenshots of the button and the script attached to it. This is the last incident where the button would not have the script attached after pushing and pulling the project.
  • edited September 2015
    Little update: I just started Unity again, after pushing the project to the repo last night. I have NOT Pulled it again, just pushed it.

As i started Unity just now, the "Got It!" Button lost its script again. It's there, but not attached the button anymore.. Same with the Quit Game in the pause menu.

All other buttons work fine, i just checked. It's just 2-3 buttons randomly losing their attached scripts..
  • Just an idea - have you set asset serialization to "force text" (generally better for source control)  - and does a diff between pre and post commit give any clues?
  • I had it set to Mixed. Just compared a few files associated with the button, and the script itself.. Nothing changes from what i can see.. Although i'm not an expert at this..
  • Me neither, I'm afraid - in fact my experience with repos in general is pretty minimal.  There's nothing that I can think of that would cause one button to work and not the other.

Is there any kind of pattern to the problem, e.g. the Menu has to be selected at the time, etc?