Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hole collider don't "attach" in the NavMesh

I'm following the AC tutorial (2D) and when I attach the Hole collider in the NavMesh2D I click to play the scene but the Hole collider dont attach in the NavMesh,

I'm following the exactly flow but just dosent work.

P.S Sorry about the poor english cuz it not my native language.

Im using Unity 5.0.4 and latest version of AC i think is 1.47

Thanks in advice

Comments

• Welcome to the forum, @panttro - and sorry you're having trouble.

The latest version of AC is 1.48, and while no changes were made to 2D NavMeshes since, I'd recommend you update anyway as each update has plenty of bugfixes.

It will be very helpful to see screenshots of your NavigationMesh's Inspector before and after you run the game, as there isn't anything wrong with the hole system so far as I can tell.  Are you saying that the hole removes itself from the NavMesh2D inspector?

A few things to check for:

1) That your Scene Manager's "Pathfinding method" is set to "Polygon Collider"
    2) You've assigned the NavMesh as the "Default NavMesh", also in the Scene Manager
    3) The PolygonCollider2D with the hole is completely within the NavMesh2D object

I apologise if those steps are obvious, but until I see your set-up I can't be more specific with advice.
  • That all looks correct.  So what does it look like when you run the game?
  • When I start the game it seems to work properly. But when i go back to the editor the Hole Collider dont attach in the NavMesh as I've see in the video tutorial. And when I put the Player into the scene, he just ignore the hole collider as it dosent exist.

• edited September 2015
    OK.  Please post a screenshot of how it looks when this happens - both the NavMesh2D (scene + Inspector), and the hole object.  Does this problem only occur once you go back to the editor?  i.e., it works so long as you don't do that?
  • On second thought, this'll probably take less time to solve if you PM me your scene file.  Again, apologies for the problems this early on.
  • Did this problem ever get resolved?  I'm having the same issue.  I've started the tutorial from scratch twice, got the same result.  
  • It was a while ago, but I don't recall getting the PM I asked for.  If you can send me the scene file, I'll see what's wrong.  Again, apologies for the early trouble.
  • OK, for anyone else having this problem, Chris solved it for me.  Turns out it was working fine, but it's not reflected in the editor unless the scene is running.  If you click on the #Scene tab while the game is running you'll see the nav mesh pieced out as it is in the video.  
  • hallo im new with adventure creator i just wanted to let you know i had the same problem i just figured it out my self and i wanted to share it with you so :
    first go to the game editor then to scene then to scene settings then to default navmesh make the nave mesh that you created there drag it and put it on this little box save and now your treehole should be totally assigned
    this problem took me hours to figure it out so decided to share to help community as the others instead of beiing lazy and just take answer and run :)
  • Welcome to the community, @lahcen, and thanks for the contribution!

What are you referring to by the "little save box"?  So far as I can test there is no issue with the NavMesh hole feature, so I'm curious what was going on in your scene - do you have a screenshot to share?
  •   here is the screenshot of the little box image http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=20t0w7n&s=9#.WVYsi1WGOUk the nave meshdefault was empty and i was going around for at least an hour or 2. 
    i have a second problem now i get this error http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=x2p08h&s=9#.WVYufFWGOUk
    when the game start the game player start behind the scene and not where i diefined his start 
    he is my some of my playerstart settings http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2uhb7rb&s=9#.WVYvL1WGOUk
    they say camera on start they say none camra how to assign and what to assign there on this box i don't know 
    thanks for the community
  • The Default Camera, like the Default NavMesh, is assigned in the Scene Manager's Scene settings panel - you can see it two fields below the Default NavMesh field in your first image.