Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hitting trigger from above

I have a trigger that if I hit it from above, like jumping from a tall building, it momentarily stops me as if I am hitting an object, then lets me fall through. This happens seemingly for all triggers you hit from above, when I walk into them sideways, they do not do this, which is the expected behaviour.

Comments

• Try setting the "When running" setting in the Trigger's Inspector to "Run In Background", so that the Actions within it don't block gameplay.
  • I am, it seems if u hit a trigger apart from flat on X, you actually bump into it momentarily, this means if you run into it on a slope or jump into it from above, u bounce off an invisible wall for a fraction of a second.
  • Sorry Chris there is no problem, I had one cutsceen running that was not set to run in background, a very short one being called from my main one, so it paused very briefly, ergo you were right sorry for the time waste. I made a video to prove to you and during that I realised I was wrong lol. Maybe that is the new way to debug hehe