Forum rules - please read before posting.

[SOLVED] Bug: Cant add a new interaction

edited June 2014 in Engine development
Hi,

I tried to implement a "Pick up" interaction in our game but couldnt't get it to work. I managed to reproduce this issue in the Demo game, so I guess this is a bug. I use Unity 4.3.4 and Adventure Creator 1.34b.

Steps taken to reproduce in Demo game:
1) Go to Interaction menu, choose Interaction element type and click new.
2) I call the new interaction Pickup and have the ExitLeft cursor just to distinguish it from the rest, other settings are the same as the other icons:

3) Then I try to create the new interaction on the worm, using these settings:

4) Now, when I try to save and run, the new interaction has not been added and the Pickup interaction has disappeared from the Interaction menu. And when I try to click on any of the existing Interaction elements (Look, Use etc) I get the following exception:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
AC.MenuManager.DeactivateAllElements (AC.Menu menu) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Managers/MenuManager.cs:307)

Comments

• This appears to be an intermittent issue - I was able to recreate it once, but can't again.  I've implemented what I hope will fix it in 1.35.

In the meantime, you *should* be able to get around the NullReference exception by copying / pasting the broken Menu in question, then deleting the original.
  • PS, thank you for your clear explanation and steps to reproduce.  Other bug reporters, please take note!
  • edited June 2014
    Can confirm that the issue has been resolved with AC v1.35. I also upgraded to Unity 4.5.1 and have no problems so far. Thank you for resolving this so quickly!