Forum rules - please read before posting.

Character scale problem

Hi Chris @ChrisIceBox,

I cant figure out how to scale my character from scene to scene properly. I am making a 2.5D game and sometimes my character needs a specific scale to work well together with the view of the camera, however, when I change the scale (character: change  rendering: character scale)  my character scales but (this must have to do with gravity) it shifts to 2 meters above the ground, how can I do this so the character just stays in the correct position (my markers are all very near to the ground)?

Comments

• PS: I am teleporting the character from one view to another, so I can fade in the camera (I couldnt find another way without teleporting the character to fade in the camera each time the view of the camera gets changed, same as in Black mirror 3 btw).
  • What animation engine does your character use?  When you say 2.5D, do you mean 2D characters + 3D backgrounds, or 3D characters + 2D backgrounds.

It may be that you have to teleport your character after resizing, but I'll need to see what your Character looks like in the scene view once the floating effect occurs.
  • Hi Chris, thanks for your answer but I found the problem which was caused by my own stupidiness (excuse my swearing). I used an invisible terrain so I could use 3D grass in the 2D images (2.5D animation engine)  but I totally forgot that, so when I teleported my character it was just raised by the invisible terrain that I was not aware of at that time. I am sorry that I couldnt find it out sooner.