Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menu/back button issue

I'm using the framework of the AC demo menu in the pause menu (I'm uptodate with the latest AC and Unity). As with the demo, I have Pause, Options, Save, Load and Quit, but I added an Achievements button as well (between Options and Save). It works wonderfully, but after being in the Achievements section, pressing the back button to return to the Pause Menu, the Save button is missing. This is my back button actionlist:

Comments

• hmm, doesn't seem to want to post a pic.
    What I did was a Menu: Set Journal (to set it back to First Page)
    Then, Menu: Change State. Turn off Menu: Achievements
    Then, Menu: Change state. Turn On Menu: Pause

That's it.
  • The "Save" button is set to automatically hide itself if AC is not currently able to save your game.  This is generally the case if you are in the middle of a Cutscene.  Check that there is no hidden set of Actions that are running that might be causing this to run - you can display any running ActionLists by clicking "Show active ActionLists in Game window?" at the bottom of the Scene Manager.  Does anything unexpected show when the Pause menu re-appears?

You can post pics by uploading them to an external location (e.g. imgur.com), and pasting the links here.
  • XanXan
    edited October 2015
    No extra ActionLists are running.

When I take away my homemade back button actionlist (described above and pictured below) and replace it with Click Type: Crossfade and Menu to Switch to: Pause (in the back button properties), then the save button is visible when I return to the pause menu. It only disappears when I use my back button actionlist.

• And what are the ActionLists's properties, listed above the Actions?  Try playing with the "Unfreeze pause menus?" checkbox, and the "When running" popup.
  • Ahhhhh, you are correct. I checked it to 'run in background' and that fixed it.
    Thank you so much! (I hadn't even thought to look up there, lol.)