Forum rules - please read before posting.

How do update AC without having your settings replaced and content affected?

Hi, I need to update Adventure Creator to the latest edition, but when I do, I have to relink fonts and other inventory items and much more. Is there a way to update without this happening?

I have my project open and then download the latest update and import.

Thanks,

James

Comments

• This is an issue I'm as well interested, since updates are not straight forward and we need to change some things. Hope @Chris could share the way to make the most clean update

Thanks to ask
  • edited October 2015
    So long as you have your own set of Managers, then you should be fine.  The New Game Wizard creates this for you, but you can do this manually by un-setting the asset file at the top of each Manager tab to bring up a "Create new" button.

If you're editing the Demo game's Managers, then they'll be overwritten when you update AC (unless you opt to not reimport those particular asset file).  However, it's recommended that you use your own Manager assets.

If you use the New Game Wizard, it'll also create a "Manager Package" asset file in your game's folder.  Viewing this asset's Inspector will bring up an option to bulk-assign your game's Managers.  When you update AC, the Manager files will revert back to the Demo game's - so just select this file and click "Assign Managers" to re-load your own game's Managers back into the system.

You can read more about this in section 1.6 of the manual, as @dude says.