Forum rules - please read before posting.

easyvoice

i just saw this easvoice pack. do you htink it could be implemented in AC?

Comments

• I believe support would have to come from the asset itself, rather than AC - since it would have to pull speech text from the Speech Manager.
  • I'll take a look too. Tony form Pixelcrushers also suggested RT-Voice that's already integrated with DS through salsa
  • I'm going to check it out!

• edited October 2015
    I plan to add Easy Voice support to the Dialogue System in the next full update -- not the maintenance update coming this weekend, but the next big update that won't be out for a while.

With Easy Voice, It looks like you need to use an editor window to manually preprocess audio at design time to create audio clips.

RT-Voice generates the audio clips at runtime as needed. This makes it a bit easier to integrate. The Dialogue System raises an "OnConversationLine" event when it plays a line of dialogue. The RT-Voice integration script hooks into this event to send the text to RT-Voice. This made it pretty easy to integrate. So you just need to add the integration script to your actor, and it automatically plays that actor's lines through RT-Voice.
  • @PixelCrushers: Would a similar event be suitable for AC?
  • @chrisicebox - Maybe. It's always a bit of a balancing act, customisability versus simplicity, eh? You could add a UnityEvent like the nice one you added for the custom Highlight editor.
  • rt voice sounds like a simpler solution because it doesn't generate the audio clips
  • This being the second asset you've suggested in this thread, it's clear that the solution is to provide an easier way of integrating this kind of asset in general, rather than catering for any one specific asset.  I will look into this in time.
  • @chrisIceBox i agree finding a solution is the key (rather than implementing everything), but I would ask that you to find one that also with DS so that i don't need two of em :)

that said, i have not started using either of these in DS. so when the time comes and you make a choice i will go with whatever is easiest of course considering both solutions aren't that expensive.