Forum rules - please read before posting.

2D Sprites in a 3D game...

Hello! I decided to have a go at getting a 2D character to work in a 3D environment, so I went to the tutorial, and have unfortunately faltered at the first obstacle. I attempted to drag my sprite out into the scene, but it just refuses to do so. So, thinking it might be something wrong with just my sprite, I tried the same thing with the Brain "Idle_D" sprite, but with the same result.

I can drag the sprite into the hierarchy for the scene, but not into the scene window itself. Is it still possible to use the 2D sprites in 3D scenes?

Comments

• Of course - you just need to attach 3D components instead of 2D.  See this tutorial for more.
  • Ah, I see - I needed to create an empty gameobject first, then add the sprite as a child of that - that seems to have made it appear. Now to see if I can get the character to work, as per the tutorial!
  • Look out for v1.49 - it'll include a new Character Wizard.  Simply select the sprite / model you want, fill in the options, and it'll set up the hierarchy/components automatically.