Forum rules - please read before posting.

Sound not playing before menu comes up

I'm trying to get a sound to play when a menu screen pops up (an achievement), but what happens instead is that it plays once the menu closes.

I tried putting an actionlist (with only a play sound in it...play in background) on the "Actionlist when turn on" option in the menu. However, it only plays when the menu turns off (whether I put the actionlist in the turn on or turn off area).

So I tried putting it in my specific actionlist that triggers the menu to pop up, but that also only plays after the menu is closed by the player. (There is nothing in the "Actionlist when turn off" option in the menu).

Is this a bug or am I confused?

Comments

• edited October 2015
    If your menu is set to pause the game when it's enabled, then the ActionList to play the sound is likely frozen until the menu is disabled.

Try settings your ActionList's When running property back to Pause Gameplay and then check Unfreeze 'pause' Menus?
  • Yep, the menu is set to pause game when enabled.
    Nope, doesn't work when I set the actionlist back to Pause Gameplay and unfreeze 'pause' Menus. Still plays after the menu closes
  • Issue found, and will be fixed in 1.49.  You'll have to ensure you have a "Default sound prefab" set in your Scene Manager.  Thanks for reporting.
  • edited October 2015

Got a similar problem from time to time. When i start a scene no music/sound is playing. When i enter the menu and close it, the sound/music plays. Strange thing is, that sounds that i trigger during that time, will appear after i leave the menu. I.e. i press a light switch (no  sound), i enter the menu and close it, sound of light Switch is hearable and also the music. This happens not always.

This happend by starting the game in the editor, not sure if it happens after build&run.