Forum rules - please read before posting.

Problems updating to AC 1.49

Hi,

I'm a total noob with Unity 5.2 and AC and have found a few problems after trying to update a project made with AC 1.48 to AC 1.49.

First I tried to import AC 1.49 into the project, probably a bad thing to do, unchecking 2D Demo and everything in Demo except InvActionLists, MenuActionLists, Managers and UI (as I read in another forum post about cleaning up). After importing, certain things were wrong with the project.

I assumed I was doing the update wrong so I exported an asset package from a backup of my project made with AC 1.48, started a fresh new Unity 2D project, imported AC 1.49, ran the New Game Wizard just in case, imported my asset package, assigned my game's manager package and noticed exactly the same things were wrong:

Some vertices on my nav meshes were in the wrong positions
Some values such as Size on my nav cams had changed back to default, their Camera components were unchecked and the Constant ID scripts were missing, but the Main Camera had the values I'd set
Remember Sound component was missing from a sound object and Play Across Scenes was now unchecked on it
Play While Paused was now unchecked on all sound objects which had that before
All Hotspots were now squares i.e. their Scale was back to 1,1,1

As it's a throwaway learning project it doesn't matter if I start from scratch with AC 1.49, but I'd like to know please if I'm simply doing it wrong! Do I need to only import certain parts of AC when updating a project?

Sorry if this is a stupid noob problem.

Comments

• No apologies needed, though this isn't something I've come across.  Rest assured that the update is not supposed to be this troublesome.

Have you been applying changes made to your AC prefabs, so that the original AC files are being updated with your own changes?  Updating AC will overwrite them, so be careful to avoid doing that.

However, if you have a backup of your project, know that going from v1.48 to v1.48 should only require the following files to be updated:

/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ (entire folder)
    /AdventureCreator/Resources/PersistentEngine.prefab

If you de-select everything else when importing, you should be all right.
  • I updated a backup project in the way you said and it's fine (or rather it's how it was before the update!), so I must have messed up some prefabs.

Thanks very much for your help