Forum rules - please read before posting.

Start an ActionList from a script - OnMouseOver

I have a simple script for a Mouse Over.

function OnMouseOver() {
     GetComponent.<Renderer>().material.color = Color.red;

}

Instead of turning this item red, I would like to trigger an ActionList that switches cameras.

So basically, what is the code that will start an Actionlist.

Comments

• An ActionList can be run by calling it's Interact() function.

Are you referring to the mouse hovering over a Hotspot?  v1.49 introduced the ability to call events when a Hotspot is highlighted (even if the highlight effect itself is disabled).
  • Thanks,  I'm looking at the new (v1.49) highlight option to call a function.  Its not clear what I should use to call an ActionList.    ActionList is not one of the options.

Or, referring to the Interact() function you mentioned, an option that would be Object -> interact.

Also, setting this up theres no other object involved, so I put the highlight script on the hotspot and I have it highlight itself.  If done this before and it seems ok. Any reason I shouldn't?
  • Placing the Highlight script on the Hotspot is fine - and a common way of doing it.

Cutscenes, Interactions, Dialogue Options and Triggers are all subclasses of ActionList.  If you're calling a Cutscene, that will also have an Interact() function you can call.