Forum rules - please read before posting.

Change the player color in 2D game

edited November 2015 in Technical Q&A
Hi again!!

I have a little question:

In one of the rooms of my game, the lights are off. If I change the color of the player in the "sprite renderer", all it's OK, the player is dark.

But I have a problem... If the player turn on the light... Is there any way to change the color of the player to return to its original state?

In other words...
How I can change the color of the player to illuminate or to darken when a light turns on or off?

Lot of Thanks!!

Comments

• edited November 2015
    You can use lightmaps and when you switch on/off your lights switch the lightmaps (more of that is in the tutorial section of AC site). Otherwise you can set triggers to trigger your actionlist where you can change the color of your player.
  • Thanks @SkyTree.  The tutorial in question is this one.
  • No probs. Always happy to help, specially if it helps.
    It's like solving mini puzzle games :)
  • Hi boys!

Thanks for your help!. But I can't make this. In my "Game Editor->Scene" not appear the "Default TintMap" option...  And if I load the default 2D Managers, all of my previous settings of the game changes. However, the option does not appear...

• Tint Maps are only available if you are using Unity 2D - i.e. your Camera perspective is 2D, and your Moving and turning is Unity 2D, in your Settings Manager.
  • Hi again,

My camera perspective is 2D, and my moving and turning is Unity 2D (I used the default settings a few months ago when I created the project), but the option not appear...........
  • They were added in v1.47 - are you using that version or above?