Forum rules - please read before posting.

Player Ignores NavMesh.

Hello. I just started on my first AC project, so sorry for a noob question. At this point I only have a floor with a BasementNavMesh taken from the Demo project. (BTW, what tool do you recommend for creating a custom NavMesh?). I'm using Tin Pot for testing and the movement method is set to Direct.

The Player moves and there are no errors or warnings in the Console. However, the Player seems to ignore the NavMesh restriction. I'm able to move it anywhere inside or outside the NavMesh. What could be my mistake here?

Thanks.

Comments

• I use Blender for all 3D modelling.  However, you can also bake a NavMesh directly into Unity if you prefer.  A tutorial on that method can be found here.

Direct control bypasses pathfinding during normal gameplay, so you'll have to place down collider(s) to block the player from moving through walls.  If you have a 3D tool, you can create a single mesh to act as your collider, rather than having to place down a CollisionCube for each wall.  The NavMesh will still be used by NPCs, and by the Player during cutscenes.  A video tutorial on getting started with a 3D direct-controlled game can be watched here.
  • Hey adventure, what version of AC you got?
  • klarax I have the latest (1.49).

ChrisIceBox
    Thanks! Obviously, I had a wrong idea of how NavMesh is used.