Forum rules - please read before posting.

Flash Hotspots settings and Display Hotspot Icons

Hi,

1) Is it possible for the glowing highlights to appear only when you Flash Hotspots and not when you mouse over a hotspot?

2) In my 2D game some interactive things are part of the background image and I've created hotspots for them. I've created a blank sprite object with the Highlight component for each one otherwise its icon won't appear when I Flash Hotspots and it causes a warning in the console. I'm using Display Hotspot Icons, Only When Flashing, with a Texture icon. I may be doing it wrong but this works fine!
However, would it be possible for Display Hotspot Icons to be based off the hotspots themselves instead of needing to set up an Object To Highlight for each one?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• 1) Not currently, but this is a good suggestion.

2) The icon flashing code is also within the Highlight script, so you do need to assign an Object to Highlight.  However, the Highlight can be placed on the Hotspot itself - it doesn't need to be on a Sprite or other GameObject if you're only using it to affect icons.
  • That works exactly how I wanted, thanks very much!

• You're welcome.  A workaround for 1) would be to rely on separate Hotspots that don't have a collider (or even interactions for that matter - just a Highlight), that occupy the same position as the original Hotspots.  Then remove the Highlights from the originals.

That way, hovering over a Hotspot won't bring up the icon, but triggering FlashHotspots will.
  • Thanks for the follow up.

As well as AC being amazingly good you give the best tech support I've ever seen.