Forum rules - please read before posting.

displaying two journal pages at once

2»

Comments

• Ideally, I would like none of the pages to be displayed again when turning the page, yet still maintain the two page setup.

If I change the Offset amount to 2 with the current setup, Page 2 isn't shown on the first set of pages, but shows up where Page1 was when turning the page giving a similar result to having a single page journal. In addition, when adding a third page I get a similar result and page 3 gets displayed again after a couple of page turns which is not desired.

Please let me know if I'm overlooking something with my setup. Otherwise, the only other solution I can see for not having pages get displayed again when turning the page is to use a more complicated setup without the Offset Journal click type and instead use Actionlists and Variables to control what is shown when turning the page. I was just hoping that a simpler solution already existed.

Thanks

• When I suggested changing the Offset amount to 2, I was referring to the left/right buttons that turn the pages - not the second page.  That should be left as 1.

AC will prevent you from flipping through "blank" pages by capping the effects of the left/right buttons so that they will only work if there are more pages to view in the given direction.  However, you could "cheat" this by inserting a blank page at the end.
  • That worked! Can't believe I was overlooking that this whole time.

Thank you so much, Chris!
  • I'm afraid I'll have to take back my previous post. This sort of works.

With a Page Offset of 2, when I have an even number of pages in the Journal I still get the last page displaying itself again when turning pages to the right. With an odd number of pages in the Journal it works as desired, no pages displaying themselves again when turning through the Journal left or right.

Outside of always having an odd number of pages,  is there any way to prevent the last page from displaying again with this setup?
  • This is likely due to the "main" journal not having any awareness of the duplicate, meaning it only considers a journal's final page open if it's being shown on the left-side.

It may be a simple tweak to the MenuJournal.cs script, but I shall have to think on how this could be added officially without making things confusing.
  • Thanks, Chris
  • edited January 2017
    Apologies, but I'm not sure I understand your issue now.  Are you saying that both Journals show the same text?  I can't recreate that issue at all.  Please post screenshots to show exactly what's going on - both what's wrong, and what you're expecting.  Sorry for the trouble, but I want to be really clear.

To rule out whether this is a UI issue, please switch your Source back to Adventure Creator and check that it's also occuring with that mode as well.