Forum rules - please read before posting.

Send UI event to button from object in scene

Hi, so I have a tracked controller I'm using (virtual reality again). It appears in the game as a gameobject that moves around in 3D space. I want to be able to use it to select UI and hotspot elements. I'm currently using playmaker to raycast from it, I'm able to detect the UI element, and send a message to it when I press a button, but I'm not able to get the UI element to register a 'click', I've tried using playmakers "Send Message" action to the object, sending- OnClick, OnPointerClick, and tried sending both after sending OnPointerEnter, I've also tried those with () after them, and attaching the paramater 'bool - true'.

I understand Adventure Creator acts as a layer over the UI (I'm using Unity UI in scene), so can you give me some guidance about what message to send, or if you can think of a better way to trigger a UI action when a 3D object is raycasting at the UI in the game.

Thanks!

Comments

• I'll admit this area isn't really my expertise, but I would've thought it'd already work.  When AC begins, it simply adds "OnClick" events to the UI buttons automatically - so if those events are triggered normally, they ought to respond.

The code that performs this is in MenuButton.cs, line 193-5.  The OnClick event actually runs the class's ProcessClick function, which handles the click on the AC side.  However, since this class isn't a MonoBehaviour, I'm not sure you can just send a message to it like you would any other.

I think the issue lies in getting the UI button to respond normally - AC will handle the click once it's been detected.  I recommend focusing on getting a non-AC event to trigger when pressing a button - once that's working, I believe AC will then work for you also.