Forum rules - please read before posting.

Inventory Bar with Unity UI not retaining item at cursor

Hi!

I'm currently going through all our menus and switch them from the built-in system to Unity UI prefabs. I've got a funny problem with the inventory box now. I can pick up items from the slots, but I can not scroll (will drop the item). So I can not combine items if I had to scroll to get to the counterpart!

If anyone got an idea why this happens...

Comments

• edited November 2015
    1) My first round of debugging enlightened me a bit: Items at the cursor get dropped when the left mouse cursor is down. That seems okay (I could drop it anywhere in the scene), but I am confused why the AC GUI does allow scrolling with the item at the cursor, but with UnityUI not?

2) Digging deeper, I guess it's an order issue. The item dropping is performed before the Unity UI events are processed. But don't have a solution yet, this seems to be a bigger problem
  • 3) We had "Left click deselects Item" enabled in the Settings manager. I could now work around this issue by disabling the deselection-on-left-click, yet, it worked previously ;)
  • Glad you found a workaround, but I should still look into this to see if a fix proper is possible.
  • Are you using the latest?  I can't actually recreate it.
  • No, still on 1.48b, didn't dare to upgrade yet as we have some other modifications to our AC version and don't want to risk stability shortly before release ;) I'll upgrade to the newest after release to see if it's gone, I'll keep you updated.