Forum rules - please read before posting.

Multiple Remember components on prefab don't assign ConstantID

edited December 2015 in Engine development
Just stumbled upon this small issue:

- Create a Prefab (e.g. a NPC)
- In addition to the RememberNPC, add another remember component, e.g. RememberTransform (even though it's technically redundant)
- Uncheck the "Retain in Prefab" flag
- Add the prefab to a new scene
- Neither of both Remember components will have an ID configured

Also, there is no way to reassign a constant ID manually. The only way to get a constant ID is to remove one of the remember components, check/uncheck the "Retain in prefab", and then re-add the second remember component. But this workaround breaks the prefab instance ;)

AC 1.48b

Comments

• I can recreate your first issue, but not the second: changing Set to Manual allows me to change the ID number just fine.
  • Oh, you're right, that'd work, but normally the ID is assigned so that no conflicts occur etc.. How do I create such a non-conflicting ID manually? Entering some random value could potentially conflict with other constant IDs, won't it?
  • edited December 2015
    Set it autoamtically it will avoid picking the ones that have already been taken.
  • edited December 2015
    As @SkyTree suggests, set it automatically - but on an empty GameObject.  Note the number down, and then you'll know a number that isn't taken by anything.  Then just delete the GameObject and re-use the number.

The first issue will be fixed in v1.50.