Forum rules - please read before posting.

Spine Integration

Hi all. My team has been using Spine to do character animations and I've been trying to integrate it into Adventure Creator in a seamless way.

I thought this could be a good thread for anyone wanting to do the same thing to find out a way or different ways to achieve this... with the hope of even possibly having an official integration with AC in a release.

I've so far created a custom animation engine to call out to a custom character controller script on the Player. That custom controller script detects walk, idle, and other animation states and changes the SkeletonAnimation on the child object to the relevant animation (with time scale, loop etc.)

One of the problems I've had is that the transition from Walk to Idle states/animations when the player stops walking happens just a bit too late. Basically, I'd like the character to transition to idle JUST before he stops.

Otherwise, I think Spine is a fantastic program and there are major advantages in reduced file size, as opposed to separate sprite images for each animation frame. Hope we can find an excellent solution for anyone wanting to integrate it.

Comments