Forum rules - please read before posting.

Why is my SFX sound not playing??

edited December 2015 in Technical Q&A
Hi, 

I have updated to AC 1.49. For my previous versions of my game I used to do Engine : Play One shot (as far as I can remember), but for some reason this doesn't work anymore. I can however do this with Sound : Play. For this to work however, I need a sound object in the scene, so I made one and it works but I get this warning message: Attempt to set pitch to a negative Audio value in Audiosource:: Setpitch ignored! If I tick Decompress on load in the soundfile inspector the sound is not playing at all, and I don't get this message so I am not sure why this is. With Sound : Play One-Shot it should work I thought without placing a SoundGameobject from AC but it doesn't, I don't get any sound. Also it says in the manual 1.49 that one should see Engine : Play Sound but this option is not anymore available in AC 1.49, I thought I do just mention that. So... my question is: What is a good way in AC without warning messages etc to just play a simple (without any Soundmixers etc) SFX sound?

Comments

• What do you mean by Engine: Play sound not being available?  It wasn't removed.

Please post the full error message as it appears in the Console.
  • Maybe you make my same error, using the Play one shot on a 3d sound.
    When I discover it, I hit my head on the desk, lol!
    Go on your sound file, mp3 or wave, and in the inspector uncheck 3d sound. It should work now with Play one shot. 
  • @ChrisIceBox The option is there but not under the Engine tab, I cant printscreen it since when I exit the tab it closes again... how silly. So, the option is now Sound: Play etc and not Engine : Play sound. That's what I meant. Using AC  1.49. (In the manual this is still written Engine : Play sound)
  • @2finger I am basically using the sounds that already worked fine and where without to specify where they come from. The footstep sound has a source (an AC sound object) and the music has but the general sfx I never used a source for and they just worked fine so why they wouldn't work now? I understand what you mean with the 3D sound, that was a problem I use to have long time ago (and I dont think that is the problem) but I first need to know which source the option Sound : Play one-shot uses. @ChrisIceBox Do I need a seperate sound object for every seperate sfx sound?
  • @ChrisIceBox I just discovered the pitch was too high in the AC sound object, I dont know why but it solved the warning message. So it basically works fine. I still dont understand why it would work before without an AC sound object/source.
  • Oh yeah. How could I forget about the high pitch. I had the same issue long time ago too.